I believe in letting Shern try and enjoy a wide spread of different flavours and textures. Not just the boring porridge or 'moi' all the time.
I read online baby food recipes and try to cook them for Shern.
But most of the time, I make up my own recipe based on what ingredients there are at mum's house. ;)
Because I prefer Shern to take meat only at 7 months, I am now feeding him vegetables and fruits.
Shern loves below 2 recipes and always finished up a small bowl of them.
Apple and Pear Brown Rice (http://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/)
2 oz (1/4 cup) brown rice
4 fl oz (1/2 cup) apple juice
1 oz (1/8 cup) raisins
1/2 small apple, peeled, cored and chopped
1/2 small pear, peeled, cored and chopped
1. Put all the ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Stir well, then reduce the heat and cover with a tight fitting lid.
3. Simmer the mixture for around 30 mins - by the end of the cooking time, the rice should have absorbed all the apple juice and should be nice and tender.
Rice cereal with pureed carrot and mashed banana (shu-yin's recipe)
1 oz (1/8 cup) ground brown rice
2oz carrot, peeled, cooked, pureed
1/2 banana, mashed
1. Cook the ground brown rice first.
2. Then add in the pureed carrot.
3. When the rice is cooked, stir in the mashed banana.