This set includes:
- One Insulated Shoulder Bag (about the size of a lunch box)
- One ISIS Manual Breast Pump
- Two 4-oz BPA-Free Natural Feeding Bottle (with Stage 1 teats) [as opposed to the pic above which has two 6oz bottles)
- Two 4-oz BPA-Free Bottle with Sealing Disc
- One Insulated Micro Fiber Tote
- Two Cool Packs for breast milk storage
- Eight Ultra Comfort disposable breast/nursing pads
- Spare parts
** BPA-Free bottles, made from Polyether Sulphone (PES) - a BPA Free material with a natural honey color
I got this Philips Avent ISIS Manual On the Go Breast Pump about 2 weeks ago when there was a 20% sale. It was just in the nick of the time to try it out - one day before I left for my KL trip.
This manual pump is invaluable during trips because of the ease of use and the quietness during use. I was expressing away in the car on the highway (with car shades) and in stores' changing rooms, and even in restrooms during the few days I was in KL. Thank goodness the KL's malls' restrooms are way cleaner than Penang's.
With this pump, I was really amazed with the results. It proved to be as effective (or even more so) as the Medela Mini E I was using. I managed to express 4-6oz every 3-4 hourly.
I find the Avent's soft massage cushion 'petals' as effective as advertised as I find that it helps to stimulate a natural let-down reflex.
And I totally was surprised to find that my hands aren't tired at all with all the manual pumping. The handle was easy and light, which required little strength to operate.
I really recommend this pump to anyone who is looking for a manual breast pump.
- Soft massage cushion 'petals' helps to stimulate a natural let-down reflex
- Hands are not tired (as opposed to what the public says about manual pumps)
- Easy to Assemble and Use
- Able to control suction (depending on how you squeeze the handle)
- Portable and light
- Very quiet
- Is manual, thus requires a little more time compared to electric breast pumps
- The ice-packs provided is not enough to keep milk cold. I recommend to add ice-replacement such as (eg: blue ice from Rubbermaid or Brite Ice from Coleman)