Another product worth mentioning is the Pigeon's Rapid Steam Sterilizer.
I was doing some survey on which sterilizer should I purchase. Or maybe should I or should I not purchase a sterilizer. I mean, during my days, my mum says she just use boiling water to sterilize my bottles.
Then I read some forum and blog reviews about the advantages of this product.
More advantages of the sterilizer:
- Rapid six-minute steam sterilisation cycle effectively destroys bacteria, without the use of chemicals.
- Automatically switches off when the sterilisation cycle is complete - the power-on indicator shows that the unit is switched on.
- A large accessory tray holds all bottle accessories for the convenience of sterilisation.
- When not opened, the steam sterilizer keeps contents sterile for up to six hours.
- Six-minute steam sterilization which is quick
- Really big enough to cater for many bottles and accessories
- Adjustable tray height which I like (as I have mixture of bottle sizes)
- Easy maintenance - just need to squeeze half a lemon into the sterilizer once a week and leave it for 30 minutes before rinsing it off
- Bulky - takes up much of my countertop space
- Need to remove the water inside everytime after use - if leave inside for too long, it will leave a smell.
- Expensive (Penang major supermarkets selling for RM433. I bought it in Singapore for S$100 - what a steal!)