Unfortunately, it turned out to be a big mistake!
The chopped kiwifruits are too juicy, which made my muffins soggy. The parts where there were kiwi fruit pieces were soggy, and I hate soggy bread/cakes. Taste-wise overall was ok, just the soggy texture I didn't fancy.
They look real pretty. Browned with some cinnamon powder, bursting with chopped kiwi fruits and dotted with its black seeds. But in reality, the texture sucks big time, at least for me. This is really an example of how 'looks can be deceiving'. It sure looks better than its taste!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Dash salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat the egg, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in kiwi and raisins. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 425 degrees F (~220 degrees C) for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.