After the income tax payment, I felt broke. So no more shopping during this trip to KL. We just spent most of our money on food, glorious food!
3. Fried Prawn Noodle at Food Republic @ Pavilion is unique and nice. RM 7 a dish is a little tad pricey to me though!
- Darlin's Tumasek Nasi Lemak tasted great - loved the chicken rendang and the sambal.
- ABC (I dunno why KL ppl call their ice-kacang ABC. To me, ABC is a soup. Haha) was one of the best I've ever tasted. The strawberry syrup tasted special and they have the "mata kucing" sprinkled on it as well.
- Jen's "Big Bite" burger looked small - but when you bite on it, you can feel the juicy beef being inches thick!
- Rojak was so-so. You can find better ones in Penang. RM6 for a small dish.
- Wen's tomyam maggi was delicious as well. Sour & spicy enough for my liking.
- Min's fish & chips was my favourite. Generous portions of crispy fish fillet and fries. Nice tartar sauce.
Jen & Wen also took us to Eye On Malaysia. On those of you who does not know what it is, The Eye on Malaysia is 60 metre tall portable Ferris wheel installation at Titiwangsa Lake Gardens, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The wheel comprises 42 gondolas (including 1 VIP one) and was unveiled in conjunction with Visit Malaysia Year 2007 on January 6, 2007 by Malaysian Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi. The wheel allows visitors to experience a 360-degree panoramic view of Kuala Lumpur and over 20 kilometres of its surroundings including KL Tower, Istana Budaya and Petronas Twin Towers, during a 12-minute ride.
I must say that the Eye On Malaysia looked spectacular from the outside. But when you are on it, one word describes all - BORING!
It was dull and boring during the 12-minute ride. There was not much view to see (except for the Petronas Twin Towers) and we have to share the gondola. 12 minutes seemed long when there is nothing to do. rm15/pax is pretty pricey i think.
The next day, while waiting for Wen at Suria KLCC, Min & I walked to the KLCC Park and took some pictures while admiring the landscape and the majestic Petronas Twin Towers. Until now, I still feel "WOW" everytime I look at the Petronas Twin Towers. Don't they make you proud to be a Malaysian? :)
And now the highlight of all - Beauty and the Beast Broadway Musical!
A few of my friends told me that the show was "ok ok nya" before I watched it. But when I watched it with my own two eyes, it was simply marvelous!
The casts sang all the familiar songs from the Disney movie and they added in quite a few new songs too - which I find it good. They added some twist and turn in the acting. Belle was petite and had a beautiful voice - sweet and clear. I love Gaston, much more in this musical than the Gaston in the movie. Lumierre was the crowd's favourite. The way he shook his hips and cracked jokes was simple crowd-pulling. I find the Beast a 'lil "gay-ish"..hehe. His singing was not loud and powerful enough and he was not very frightening.
I laughed at their humour, dabbed my eyes during the touching moments and was very sad when it was all over. The 3-hour show (includes 20 minutes interval) was worth the RM120 i paid for my seat.
Credit must also be given to the orchestra group - those playing the magnificent instruments which contribute a great portion to the show's success!
No more pics for the next 2 days as Shu-Min fell sick. Not much fun photographing sick girl and visit to the clinic, right? :P
It was such a long time since 3 of us took a picture together. So here goes to self-held camera shot! (Btw, this pic was taken before the sick girl fell sick! :P)