Guess what? My little baby eats siput like a pro as well. Haha. He seems to love it.
Although I'm a mum who lets his son eats practically anything edible, I still thought twice before letting Shern eats siput (erm..a type of shellfish). Firstly, shellfish are highly allergic food. Secondly, shellfish has their share of freshness issue.
Well, those siput were really fresh. We picked them up ourselves from the beach just an hour ago, how much more fresh can they get? And, since mum cooked them herself, I'm sure they are well-cooked and not half-raw or something like that. So that should kill all bacteria or so, right?
Anyway, Shern seemed to be enjoying it.
Look at the video below. I haven't seen anyone quite so happy while eating siput. Shern found it quite an accomplishment to be able to suck out the siput from its shell. See how happy he was?