And my end results do not look as appetizing as her's. My decoration skills sucks I know.
But the taste of it is so good that I made this twice in the same week.
It's a shame that blueberries are expensive here, although I noticed that the price has been coming down. However, I still bought mine at RM 9.90 for 125g which makes this yogurt ice-cream an expensive desert.
Hubby who doesn't go near yogurt says this yogurt ice cream is nice and ate a few slices of them :)
Yogurt ice cream on a plate without the drizzle topping YET
Drizzled the top with blueberry syrup
Slices of Blueberry Ripple Yogurt Ice Cream served onto plates
Recipe: Blueberry Ripple Yogurt Ice Cream (copied directly from Wendy's blog)
2 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp sugar (I used icing sugar)
Cook these in a saucepan over medium low heat until you can see the water turning into a blue colour. Do not stir, only swirl the pan with the handle. Remove from heat. Let it cool.
2 Tbsp water
Place water in a microwave safe or heatproof bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over water. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
Either microwave on high for 20 seconds or double boil until gelatin melts. Set aside to cool.
250ml low fat plain yogurt (I used Anlene)
200ml whipping cream (I used Emborg)
80gm sugar (I used icing sugar)
1/3 tsp gelatin (for use only after ice cream has hardened)
1. Chill mixing bowl in the freezer for 5 minutes.
2. Remove from freezer and pour in cold whipping cream.
3. Beat on low for 1 minute then raise the speed gradually to high and whip until it is almost soft peaks. Put in sugar gradually and whip until soft peaks.
4. With the mixer on, pour in the cooled gelatin mixture (B) and mix until incorporated.
5. With a spatula or spoon, mix in the yogurt. Mix well.
6. Put only the blueberries (A) into the ice cream mixture. Leave the syrup behind and keep it chilled until time of use.
7. Fold the ice cream twice, not too much, you want the ripple effect. Take care not to break the blueberries.
8. Pour ice cream into a 1L capacity loaf tin. (I used a disposable freezer Tupperware ) Freeze until hardened.
9. When it’s almost time to serve, sprinkle 1/3 tsp of gelatin into reserved blueberry syrup and let it sit for 5 minutes. Microwave on high for 20 seconds. Let it cool down.
10. Unmould ice cream onto a chilled serving platter. Drizzle blueberry syrup over ice cream loaf.
11. Slice ice cream to serve. Do not use a scoop.