Gah, this means you are absolutely wrong. That is just one teeny part of our role as parents.
There is another 3/4 part of it.
The part about the truth on what happens behind the scene:
- I try to wear diapers / pants for a toddler who keeps running away.
- I repeat the same thing again and again, ranging from 'time to take a bath' and 'pls open your mouth' and 'pls come here'
- I am like a clown every time I wipe poo off my toddler's buttocks, so that he could concentrate on my funny faces and won't wriggle away.
- I make funny faces behind the camera to make my kids smile.
- I threaten my kids all the time like 'I'm going to count to three. 1, 2....' and he usually comes before then or whack...
- I'm just going for a pee....pls don't cry like I'm leaving home.
- Pack my toddler into the toilet with some toys while I shit. Yes, doesn't matter he smells the shit and the air's probably germy. As long as he doesn't scream the house down which my shit will automatically disappear.
- I even have to entertain and make funny faces to my kid while I shower. (our shower door's transparent!)
- I breastfeed my toddler while I type with my left hands sometimes, and he sometimes kick on my laptop too.
Ok, these are some of the things we do/get behind the scenes of a family of 4.
I wonder how crazy it will get when we grow to a family of 5. lol.
Have a great day!