Yes, finally. Khye is walking, at 15 1/2 months. :)
Yeah, he is quite a late walker, this one, unlike Shern who walks at 13mo.
Really glad that Khye's my second baby, so I wasn't really panicked or stressed or anything. I am actually quite chill and I know that Khye will walk when he is ready.
Khye is quite a contented fellow, so he was taking his own sweet time actually. He was already cruising around like a pro. Walking holding on to anything; his walker, furniture, people, and even the walls. It was just that he hadn't the courage to walk on his own without holding on to anything.
But starting this week, I noticed that he could sit, squat and then stand up on his own without holding on to anything. But still, he didn't take his first step.
And once I caught him he walking a few steps without him realizing that all he was holding on to was just a straw!
And then slowly, we tried to lure him to take a few steps forward, which he did, but he was rushing to reach our hands.
And suddenly, while I was sending Shern to his music class, my sis sent me a short video clip of my baby walking more than a few steps on his own!
I was so happy and when I reached home just now, I witnessed it myself, and proud that Khye reached another milestone.
It is not just walking. With it comes confidence, and that's important.
Ok, so let's view a short clip of the littlest man in the house taking his first few steps!
And while we are at it, let's see what else Khye can do at 15 mo.
- He eats well now, thank goodness, and can finish a big bowl of porridge.
- He still doesn't mouth his toys much, which is actually a good thing.
- Khye waves and do a Flying Kiss.
- He can show you where is his head, nose, ear, and also his stomach, where he will rub his tummy round and round. (is real cute!)
- He dances by moving his backside up and down.
- He shakes his head 'No'.
- He shows you 'Good' by showing you his index finger, instead of his thumb.
- He is now a copy-cat and he can follow simple actions that you do.
- He can 'sayang' you by leaning his head onto you.
Ok, baby Khye, you are growing up a little too fast!